P-38 G Lightning
Product code: 92127
6 obtiskových variant
1. P-38G, 347th FG, 339th FS, Operation Bougainville, April 1943
2. P-38G, 347th FG, 339th FS, Operation Bougainville, April 1943
3. P-38G, 347th FG, 339th FS, Operation Bougainville, April 1943
4. P-38G-5, 9th FG, Dick Bong, Dobodura, New Guinea, July 1943
5. P-38G, 475th FG, 431th FS, Dobodura, New Guinea, late 1943
6. P-38G, ex 14th FG, Sonderkommando Rozarius, 1943-44
The Lockheed P-38 Lightning was a World War II American fighter aircraft built by Lockheed. Developed to a United States Army Air Corps requirement, the P-38 had distinctive twin booms and a single, central nacelle containing the cockpit and armament. P-38 was used in a number of roles, including dive bombing, level bombing, ground-attack, night fighting, photoreconnaissance missions, and extensively as a long-range escort fighter when equipped with drop tanks under its wings. The P-38 was used most successfully in the Pacific Theater of Operations and the China-Burma-India Theater of Operations as the mount of America's top aces, Richard Bong (40 victories) and Thomas McGuire (38 victories). In the South West Pacific theater, the P-38 was the primary long-range fighter of United States Army Air Forces until the appearance of large numbers of P-51D Mustangs toward the end of the war.
Buy this product
This product is currently out of stock.
Please try again in a few days.